was the largest of the three parcels acquired by Babcock from Sheppard in
1814, with 187 feet of Main Street frontage. All three parcels were 100
feet deep. Of the three building lots made from this parcel, only one retains
an old structure, probably from this very earliest period of the village's
expansion from the site of a crossroads tavern to the county seat. The three
lots are #s 333, 331 and 329. The house that once stood at 329 Main Street
is gone, having burned down about 20 years ago. Part at least of No. 333
is very old indeed, and No. 331 dates to the 1890s.
was the smallest of the three parcels, with 60 feet of frontage, between
Keziah Sabin's lot on the north and a 30-foot right of way retained by Sheppard
on the south. The position of the latter seems to have been adjusted about
1824, allowing some more space for the two building lots eventually created
from this parcel, Nos. 341 and 337.
acquired this piece at the same time as the other two. It included the lots
on which #s 345-355 were built. The Main Street frontage was 177 feet, between
Joel Dorman on the north (the corner lot) and Keziah Sabin on the south
(50 feet wide, now #343). Babcock sold this parcel in three pieces: lots
#355 and 351 to Henry Bradley in 1842; #349 probably to William L. Way;
and #345 probably to Joseph Ketchum.