houses were built on the lot where formerly the Episcopal Church stood:
this one, and #319 next door to the north. William N. Wise bought the whole
church lot from the trustees in 1879, built his own house at #319, and sold
this part of the lot to Arthur Jessup in 1880.
Both houses have been
radically altered, the elaborate Victorian decoration stripped during the
20th century. This house retains its leaded glass windows and paneled chimney,
but has lost the porch from the northwest corner. The steps and porticos
were added at about the same time. The original staircase and parquet floors
still grace the interior.